Bermuda Championship DFS Course Preview for DraftKings and FanDuel
For the second time, we return to Bermuda. Brandon Todd will be returning to defend his title with the likes of Will Zalatoris and Justin Suh earning a spot in the field. Anyway, let’s get ready for the Bermuda Championship DFS Course Preview for DraftKings and FanDuel!
Head over to the Rise or Fall YouTube page for FantasyCruncher tutorials and other strategy videos. Hit the subscribe button, notification bell, and become a member to get discord access while you’re there!
This week we make a stop at Port Royal GC in Southampton, Bermuda. We finally have a cut this week, but here’s some bad news. There’s only one year of course history and there’s no shot link data from last year’s event. So we’ll be entering this week with no data and a dreadful field.
Port Royal Golf Course is a par 71, over 6800 yards on Bermuda Greens. The course has 3 par 5’s which have a 32-65% chance in birdie rate. Holes 16, 11, 13, 8, and 14 have a bogey rate of 17-25%.
Fairways are pretty wide and the rough is nothing too concerning, but there are some well-placed palm trees in the rough so avoiding being directly behind or up against them is really the only thing to worry about when missing the fairways. Essentially the rough is 2″ and the greens should be pretty slow.
- Strokes Gained: Approach
- Strokes Gained: Ball Striking
- Strokes Gained: Around The Green
- Par 4: 350-400
- Par 5 Efficiency
- Harold Varner ($10700) – On the Rise or Fall PGA Study Hub, Harold is ranked 9th in SG: OTT, 8th on SG: APP, and 2nd SG: T2G in 36 rounds. On my overall model, Harold is ranked 1st. Highlighting 1st in Birdie or Better, Ball Striking, and Par 4: 350-400 yards.
- Doc Redman ($10400) – Doc is coming off a strong finish at Safeway with a 3rd placed finish and then finished 28th at Sanderson. And let’s also not forget about his finish at Wyndham as he finished 3rd. When you look over to the Rise or Fall PGA Study Hub, you’ll see something very important and that’s how many rounds he’s played compared to the field. In 40 rounds Doc is ranked 8th in SG: APP gaining 0.82 per round and ranked 12th T2G.
- Will Zalatoris ($10900) – Will grades out extremely well in the PGA Study Hub. Will is 1st SG: OTT, SG: APP, and SG: T2G in 10 rounds. And after earning a sponsor exemption due to finishing top 10 in Shriners Hospitals for Open Children – Will has something to prove here. However, this is where I decided to switch Will from Cash to GPP. On my model, Will is ranked 105th in Par 4:350-400 yards, 102nd in Scrambling, and 113th in Putting. This doesn’t make him terrible as you read he’s very good everywhere else. But I wouldn’t necessarily lock him.
- Adam Schenk ($8100) – Adam hasn’t missed a cut in the last 10 events! He also happens to really like Bermuda Greens as he gains 0.28 strokes. In the last 5 events, Adam has gained 1.5 strokes T2G, and 1.2 strokes ARG. On the Rise or Fall Important Stats Model, he’s ranked 43rd in Par 5 Efficiency and 48th at Par 4: 350-400.
Dark Horse Play
- Denny McCarthy ($9500) – Denny absolutely loves Bermuda Greens. He gains 0.8 strokes. Denny did finish 57th at Shriners by losing 2.7 strokes on Approach, however, the last time Denny lost these many strokes on Approach was back at Workday (July 2020). In the last 8 events Denny has gained over 10 strokes on Approach and we all know that Denny is a world-class putter. If he dials into his irons this should be a top 10 finish for Denny.