Corales Punta Cana Course Championship DFS Preview for DraftKings & FanDuel
Corales Punta Cana Championship – DFS Course Preview for DraftKings & FanDuel
This week we will be in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic with a weak field. You know how this works after a major. We will be seeing 144 players in the field with defending champion Graeme McDowell and top Korn Ferry Tour player Will Zalatoris. Past winners have been Brice Garnett in 2018, Nate Lashley in 2017, and Dominic Bozzellli. But, please keep in mind this event has only been around for 5 years. The first few years it was only a Korn Ferry event, it became a PGA event in 2018.
Corales is a long 7600-yard course, par 72 on Paspalum grass. The course has four par 5’s and they’re fairly easy. They range anywhere from a 28% to 58% chance in birdie rate. Also, there’s four par 4’s that are easy to reach birdies ranging from 21-22% chance. All of this sounds nice and easy, but 6 holes have an average of 22% bogey rate.
Compared to last week at the U.S Open, these fairways are wide. They play firm and the rough is short so there won’t be a concern there. This week should be looked at bombing the course and some decent putting.
Did you know every single one of our Ronin members ($29.99) also receive $20 in credit to use on Fantasy Cruncher?
- Strokes Gained: Ball Striking
- Strokes Gained: Approach The Green
- Birdie or Better
- Strokes Gained: Around The Green
- Will Zalatoris ($10900) – Some of you might be asking yourself – WHO?!. Will is the number 1 player in the Korn Ferry Tour. In his last five events on the Korn Ferry Tour, he’s finished 2nd, 19th, 5th, 18th, and 6th. Also, he played in the U.S Open placing a 6th place finish. He gained a remarkable 11 strokes T2G, 6.5 on APP, and 2.8 strokes OTT.
- Mackenzie Hughes ($10,300) – Mac was the runner up last year at Corales. He’s also been performing quite well. Besides missing the cut in the U.S Open the last time he missed a cut was back when we started back up from the break at Charles Schwab. He’s not the greatest Ball Striker, but he makes this up with his ARG and Putting.
- Sam Burns ($10100) – Burns is one of the few that also has some history here, he placed 12th last year. Burns has been playing well since the break. He’s highlighted a top 10 finish and two top 20 finishes. Burns is also ranked 1st (2021 season) and 46th (2020 season) in Birdie or Better and 30th in Putting.
- Kristoffer Ventura ($9200) – Ventura doesn’t have a ton of history, but in the last 5 events, he’s finished 7th, 37th, MC, 21st, and 20th. Within those events, he gained over 17 strokes. He fits the course as he’s able to bomb the course at 305 yards and ranked 19th in Birdie or Better.
Dark Horse Play
- Will Gordon ($7600) – Will is another bomber that fits the course well. Will has more weapons than most of the field as he not only is he able to bomb it, but he’s great T2G and ranked 24th in Birdie or Better. These three elements are crucial to win the tournament.
Thanks for reading and make sure you join us at
12:30 EST @ twitch.tv/teamriseorfall for our daily twitch stream.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.