Mayakoba Golf Classic DFS Course Preview for DraftKings and FanDuel
We’re finally back fam! After a small break, we head over to Mexico for the Mayakoba Golf Classic which is actually the last tournament of the year (sad face) before the QBE Shootout which is just fun to watch. Anyway, let’s get ready for the Mayakoba Golf Classic DFS Course Preview for DraftKings and FanDuel.
This week we head over to beautiful Playa Del Carmen, Mexico with 128 golfers including Andy Ogletree who will make his first professional appearance as well as young buck Will Zalatoris. But we will also be joined by Brooks Koepka, Justin Thomas, and defending champion Brendon Todd.
El Camaleon Golf Club is a par 71, 7000 yards played on Paspalum Greens. Yea, you heard that right. The only courses I’m familiar with that are Paspalum are Corales Punta Cana and Puerto Rico Open.
The course has three par 5’s and out of the three, two of them have a much better birdie rate. Holes 13 & 5 have a 44-50% chance of birdies. There is also a par 3 that measures 116 yards making it the 4th easiest hole in the course. Fairways are wide and easy to hit, so the rough won’t be much of a concern. Alright, let’s get to it
- Strokes Gained: Approach
- Strokes Gained: Tee To Green
- Driving Accuracy Percentage
- Par 4: 450-500
- Birdie or Better Percentage
- Daniel Berger ($10400) – Berger is ranked 1st in my overall model – 2nd in P4:400-450, 2nd in BoB%, 2nd in Putting, and 3rd in Scrambling. However, the last time Berger played here was back in 2015. So that information doesn’t help us. Also, since the break Berger’s T2G game has been on fire – per the RIse or Fall Study Hub, Berger has gained on average 3.6 strokes T2G.
- Abraham Ancer ($9900) – Ancer has a ton of history here. In the last 3 years he’s been here, he finished 8th, 21st, and 9th. In the Rise or Fall Study Hub, he’s gained 1.3 strokes T2G, 1 stroke OTT and 1 stroke ARG in the last 5 tournaments.
- Emiliano Grillo ($8300) – It’s wild to even list this name, but this course fits Grillo. Grillo’s last 4 performances here are 41st, 15th, 9th, and 10th. Also, besides missing the cut at the Houston Open he made the cut 8 times in a roll. Lastly, on the Rise or Fall Study Hub – Grillo has gained 3.2 strokes T2G, 1 stroke OTT, and 3.2 strokes on APP in the last 5 tournaments.
- Chez Reavie ($7700) – Not only does Chez have excellent course history; the last 4 starts – 26th, 26th, 14th, and 4th. But since the beginning of the new season Chez has gained 0.90 strokes per round, and has gained 0.85 strokes on APP.
Dark Horse Play
- Doug Ghim ($7400) – Doug has been on a heater this season (2020-2021) he’s 9th in the field in T2G; gaining 1.28 strokes, and 3rd in the field on APP; gaining 1.01 strokes. In the last 4 tournaments, Doug has finished 18th, 14th, 23rd, and MC.