MLB DFS Top Pitchers for Friday 6-9-23
Welcome to our MLB DFS Top Pitchers article for Friday, June 9, 2023. In today’s article, we will analyze the top pitchers to target for your daily fantasy baseball lineup. We’ll highlight the standout options that offer the best combination of skill, matchup, and value. Additionally, we’ll identify a few potential low-owned tournament pitchers worth considering. Let’s dive in and uncover the pitching gems of today’s MLB DFS slate.
Top Pitchers to Target
Shohei Ohtani vs. Seattle Mariners
- Ohtani boasts an impressive 33.8% strikeout rate and a solid 3.30 ERA.
- He faces a Mariners lineup with several batters prone to strikeouts against right-handed pitchers.
- Ohtani is a must-have SP1 in all formats due to his exceptional strikeout potential.
Luis Castillo at Los Angeles Angels
- Castillo has been in excellent form with a 2.55 ERA and a 29.2% strikeout rate.
- He encounters an Angels lineup featuring multiple hitters with high strikeout rates against righties.
- Castillo’s combination of strikeouts and control makes him an attractive SP2 option.
Tyler Wells vs. Kansas City Royals
- Wells has been quietly impressive this season, posting a 26.6% strikeout rate and a 3.29 ERA.
- He confronts a Royals lineup that strikes out at an above-average rate.
- Wells provides excellent value, especially on DraftKings, where he comes at a favorable price.
Potential Low-Owned Tournament Pitchers
AJ Smith-Shawver vs. Washington Nationals
- Smith-Shawver, a talented rookie, makes his first career start at just 20 years old.
- While his performance is uncertain, he has shown significant strikeout potential in the minors.
- The Nationals’ lineup offers a mix of low strikeouts and modest power, making Smith-Shawver an intriguing tournament option with lower ownership.
Logan Allen vs. Houston Astros
- Allen has displayed impressive skills this season, including a 23.9% strikeout rate and a 2.76 ERA.
- He faces a tough Astros lineup, which may result in lower ownership.
- Allen’s upside and affordable price tag make him a suitable tournament play with potential differentiating value.
For Friday’s MLB DFS slate, Shohei Ohtani, Luis Castillo, and Tyler Wells emerge as the top pitchers to target. Ohtani’s exceptional strikeout ability, combined with favorable matchup conditions, makes him an elite choice for SP1. Castillo offers a balance of strikeouts and control, making him a strong SP2 candidate. Wells provides excellent value, particularly on DraftKings, where his price doesn’t reflect his performance.
Additionally, for those seeking low-owned tournament options, AJ Smith-Shawver and Logan Allen present intriguing choices with upside and differentiation potential. Consider these pitchers when constructing your MLB DFS lineup and aim for success in today’s contests. Good luck!
That’s all I’ve got for today
Thank you for checking out the article, I hope I was able to provide you with some value as you begin to build your DFS lineups for today’s contests.
Be sure to hit me up in Discord if you have questions. If you would prefer to reach out to me on Twitter @CeeGeeDFS that works too
Latest Free Content