MLB DFS Top Pitchers for Sunday 8-6-23
Welcome to our MLB DFS Top Pitchers article for Sunday 8-6-23. Finding the right MLB DFS top pitchers for Sunday’s matchups can be crucial for gaining an edge in your fantasy leagues. Today, we have a trio of standout pitchers, each primed for success against their respective opponents. Let’s delve into their strengths and the reasons why they should be your top picks for the day.
Tyler Glasnow (TB) at DET
Stats: 2.08 ERA, 0.90 WHIP, 13.1 K/9
Tyler Glasnow has been on fire lately, allowing just one run or fewer in five of his last seven starts. With a remarkable 2.08 ERA and a staggering 13.1 K/9 rate during this span, he’s proving to be a formidable Cy Young candidate. Facing the Detroit Tigers, who rank in the bottom four for runs scored, OBP, wOBA, and K rate, Glasnow enters this matchup as a dominant force and a -200 favorite.
Why Glasnow Stands Out:
- Strikeout Machine: Glasnow boasts an impressive 34.5% strikeout rate and a 37.2% whiff rate, making him a constant threat to rack up Ks.
- Consistency: Despite occasional vulnerability to hard contact, his consistent ability to tally strikeouts minimizes any potential damage.
- Advantageous Matchup: The Tigers’ weak offense, with a league-worst 82 wRC+ against right-handed pitching, provides Glasnow an ideal opportunity to shine.
Taijuan Walker, PHI vs. KC
Stats: 3.99 ERA, .314 xwOBA, 6.7% barrel rate
While not on the same level as Glasnow, Taijuan Walker offers appealing salary relief as your SP2 choice. With a 3.99 ERA, he’s displayed consistency by allowing two earned runs or less in eight of his last ten appearances. Going up against the Kansas City Royals, who struggle against right-handed pitching, Walker has a chance to deliver a solid performance.
Why Walker Should Be Considered:
- Reliable Performance: Walker’s knack for inducing weak contact and limiting runs makes him a valuable asset for your DFS lineup.
- Favorable Opponent: The Royals’ lackluster offense, tied with the Tigers for league-worst with an 82 wRC+ against right-handed pitching, sets the stage for Walker’s success.
Kyle Bradish (BAL) vs. NYM
Stats: 3.32 ERA, 1.12 WHIP
Kyle Bradish has been a standout for Baltimore, boasting a commendable 3.32 ERA and a 1.12 WHIP this season. Over the past two months, he has allowed two runs or fewer in seven of his last nine starts. Despite facing the Mets, known for their intimidating lineup, Bradish’s stellar performance in Baltimore with a 2.39 ERA and 0.92 WHIP at Camden Yards makes him a worthy contender.
Why Bradish Is an Intriguing Pick:
- Consistent Excellence: Bradish’s ability to limit opposing offenses and maintain low WHIP demonstrates his reliability as a starting pitcher.
- Home Field Advantage: With a remarkable performance at home, Bradish enjoys the comforts of Camden Yards, bolstering his chances against the Mets.
Andrew Heaney (TEX) vs. MIA
Stats: 3.23 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, 9.6 K/9
Andrew Heaney has experienced some ups and downs, but he recently showcased his potential with an impressive 11-strikeout performance over six scoreless innings. Having maintained a 3.23 ERA and a solid 9.6 K/9 rate through the opening three months of the season, he faces a Miami Marlins team that ranks 21st in xwOBA and 24th in runs scored.
Why Heaney Is Worth Considering:
- Flashes of Brilliance: Heaney’s ability to deliver standout performances, like the one against the White Sox, highlights his upside.
- Favorable Matchup: Taking on the Marlins, whose offense ranks in the lower tiers, gives Heaney an opportunity to thrive.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What makes Tyler Glasnow the top pitching option for Sunday’s MLB DFS?
Tyler Glasnow’s recent performance sets him apart from the rest. With an impressive 2.08 ERA, 0.90 WHIP, and a formidable 13.1 K/9 rate in his last seven starts, he’s a Cy Young candidate. Moreover, facing the struggling Detroit Tigers, who rank poorly in runs scored and K rate, Glasnow enters the matchup as a dominant -200 favorite.
2. Why is Taijuan Walker an appealing SP2 choice for Sunday’s MLB DFS lineup?
While not as high-end as Glasnow, Taijuan Walker offers an intriguing option for salary relief as your SP2. With a 3.99 ERA and a knack for inducing weak contact, he’s shown consistency by allowing two earned runs or less in eight of his past ten appearances. His matchup against the Kansas City Royals, with their subpar offense against right-handed pitching, makes Walker a viable contender.
3. What sets Kyle Bradish apart as a top pitcher for Sunday’s MLB DFS contests?
Kyle Bradish’s overall season performance is commendable, with a 3.32 ERA and a solid 1.12 WHIP. Over the last two months, he has particularly excelled, allowing two runs or fewer in seven of his last nine starts. Despite facing the Mets, known for their intimidating lineup, Bradish’s remarkable performance at Camden Yards, boasting a 2.39 ERA and 0.92 WHIP, makes him a worthy consideration.
4. Why should Andrew Heaney be considered despite his recent struggles?
Andrew Heaney’s recent performance might have been uneven, but his potential to deliver standout performances cannot be overlooked. With a 3.23 ERA and a solid 9.6 K/9 rate through the opening three months of the season, he has the ability to shine. Going up against the Miami Marlins, who rank low in xwOBA and runs scored, presents an opportunity for Heaney to bounce back.
5. Which pitcher should I prioritize in my MLB DFS lineup for Sunday?
The decision largely depends on your lineup construction and budget constraints. Tyler Glasnow is the top high-end option with enormous upside, while Taijuan Walker provides salary relief with a favorable matchup. Kyle Bradish’s consistency and impressive performance at home make him an intriguing choice, and Andrew Heaney’s potential for a standout showing adds to the mix. Assess your fantasy team’s needs and risk appetite to determine the best fit for your MLB DFS roster.
That’s all I’ve got for today
Thank you for checking out the article, I hope I was able to provide you with some value as you begin to build your DFS lineups for today’s contests.
Be sure to hit me up in Discord if you have questions. If you would prefer to reach out to me on Twitter @CeeGeeDFS that works too
Latest Free Content
Greetings and welcome to our MLB DFS cheat sheet for this Saturday. This player pool is your ideal starting point for building your Draftkings lineup
NFL DFS Top Stacks for Draftkings, Fanduel lineups NFL DFS Week 3 Welcome to the Week 3 edition of our NFL DFS Top Stacks insights!