MLB DFS Top Stacks for 8-2-23
Welcome to our MLB DFS Top Stacks article for Wednesday 8-2-23. In this article we will analyze the best stacking options for your fantasy lineups on Wednesday, August 2, 2023. Stacking can be a winning strategy in daily fantasy baseball, and we have identified some top stacks that have the potential to provide massive points on this exciting game day. So, let’s dive in and explore the MLB DFS top stacks to consider for your lineups today!
Chicago Cubs vs. Brandon Williamson
The Chicago Cubs stand out as a top stack today for multiple reasons. Fresh off an impressive 20-run performance against the Reds, the Cubs’ offense is red hot and ready to deliver more fireworks. They’ve also strengthened their lineup with the recent addition of Jeimer Candelario, acquired at the deadline, and the return of Dansby Swanson from the injured list. Chicago has been consistently above average against left-handed pitching all season, boasting a solid 105 wRC+ and a .756 OPS.
The best part about stacking the Cubs today is their affordable price point on DraftKings. Every Cubs hitter is priced under $5K, making them accessible to all fantasy managers. But the real opportunity lies in their matchup against Brandon Williamson, the struggling rookie pitcher. Williamson has struggled mightily in his first 13 career starts, owning an alarming 5.71 xERA and a 5.23 xFIP. His inability to keep hitters at bay is evident in his disastrous .484 xSLG, .363 xwOBA, .273 xBA, and a worrisome 42% hard-hit rate. This sets the stage for the potent Cubs lineup to tee off on Williamson and produce massive fantasy points.
San Francisco Giants
Despite their recent offensive struggles, the San Francisco Giants present an intriguing stacking opportunity on this game day. They face a debutant right-handed pitcher, Slade Cecconi, who is making a leap from Double-A to the majors. Cecconi’s numbers in Double-A leave much to be desired, with a 6.38 ERA and a 5.52 xFIP in 20 starts. This presents a golden opportunity for the Giants’ hitters to welcome him rudely to the big leagues and break out of their slump.
The Reds may have taken a beating in their previous game, but their offense still managed to score nine runs. They now have a favorable matchup against Drew Smyly, who has struggled in his recent outings. Over his last five appearances, spanning 21.2 innings, Smyly has posted a concerning 6.65 ERA and a 4.03 xFIP. He has also been prone to giving up home runs, allowing 2.08 HR/9 during this stretch.
Smyly’s performance at Wrigley Field has been particularly poor in 2023, with a 5.94 ERA there. This makes the Reds’ hitters, especially the lefties, enticing options for stacking. Elly De La Cruz, McLain, Steer, and Friedl all present strong choices to include in your lineups.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Hogan Harris
The Los Angeles Dodgers boast one of the most formidable offenses in the league, making them a premium stacking option if you can afford it. With a season average of 5.6 runs per game and an impressive 110 wRC+ and .774 OPS against left-handed pitching, the Dodgers are a constant threat to put up big numbers.
Hogan Harris will be on the mound for Oakland, carrying a concerning 6.07 ERA and a 5.04 xFIP. His struggles against hitters are evident in his 43.1% hard-hit rate and an average exit velocity of 90 mph. The Dodgers’ lineup, loaded with talent, can exploit these weaknesses and capitalize on Oakland’s bullpen, which boasts a league-worst 5.50 ERA.
Dodgers’ Stacking Trio: Freeman, Betts, Taylor
Freeman, surprisingly strong against lefties this year, boasts an impressive 1.045 OPS against fellow southpaws. Given Harris’ struggles against left-handed hitters, Freeman is a prime candidate for a big performance. Betts, despite a minor ankle concern, has consistently excelled against lefties with a .966 OPS since 2021. His recent home run and ability to play Tuesday without any issues make him a solid choice. Taylor, with his 12 homers and seven stolen bases, complements the trio with a reliable .809 OPS versus southpaws.
FAQ – MLB DFS Top Stacks for Wednesday 8-2-23
1. What is stacking in MLB DFS? Stacking in MLB DFS refers to selecting multiple players from the same team’s lineup in your fantasy roster. By doing so, you maximize the potential for scoring points if that particular team has a strong offensive performance. When a team goes on a hitting spree and scores many runs, all the players in your stack benefit from those runs, leading to a higher overall score for your fantasy team.
2. Why should I consider stacking in MLB DFS? Stacking can be an effective strategy in MLB DFS because it amplifies the potential rewards when a team has a successful offensive outing. Rather than relying on individual player performances, stacking allows you to capitalize on a collective offensive surge from a specific team, leading to higher point totals and increased chances of winning your contests.
3. Which teams are recommended for stacking on Wednesday 8-2-23? For Wednesday, August 2, 2023, the top teams recommended for stacking are:
- Chicago Cubs: Facing Brandon Williamson, a struggling rookie pitcher.
- San Francisco Giants: Taking on debutant right-handed pitcher Slade Cecconi.
- Cincinnati Reds: Going against Drew Smyly, who has struggled in recent outings.
- Los Angeles Dodgers: Squaring off against Hogan Harris with a shaky ERA and xFIP.
4. What are the key factors to consider when selecting teams for stacking? When selecting teams for stacking, consider the following factors:
- Pitcher Matchup: Look for teams facing weak or struggling pitchers.
- Offense Performance: Choose teams with strong offensive stats, such as high wRC+ and OPS.
- Recent Performance: Consider teams coming off a high-scoring game or with hitters in good form.
- Weather Conditions: Check the weather forecast, as favorable conditions can boost hitting potential.
- Bullpen Weakness: Teams facing weak bullpens can add to the stacking advantage.
5. Can I mix and match players from different teams for stacking? Yes, you can mix and match players from different teams for stacking. While stacking players from a single team offers higher potential rewards, combining players from multiple teams can provide a more balanced lineup and mitigate the risks associated with a single team’s performance.
6. Should I stack expensive or affordable players? Both strategies can be effective. Stacking expensive players from high-scoring teams may offer tremendous upside but can be challenging to fit into your budget. On the other hand, stacking affordable players from less popular teams can provide a unique lineup and allow you to roster more elite players in other positions.
7. Are there any players to avoid in stacking? Avoid stacking players who are struggling with injuries or facing pitchers who excel against their hitting profile. Additionally, be cautious about stacking players from teams with consistently poor offensive performance.
That’s all I’ve got for today
Thank you for checking out the article, I hope I was able to provide you with some value as you begin to build your DFS lineups for today’s contests.
Be sure to hit me up in Discord if you have questions. If you would prefer to reach out to me on Twitter @CeeGeeDFS that works too
Latest Free Content
MLB DFS Playoff Preview for Draftkings and Fanduel lineups 10/3/23 The Major League Baseball postseason is upon us, and the action kicks off with the
Waiver Wire Pickups for Week 5 in 2023 Fantasy Football Welcome, fantasy football enthusiasts! It’s Anthony Aniano here, ready to dive into the 2023 Fantasy
You are unauthorized to view this page. Please visit https://teamriseorfall.com/subscribe-now and be sure to use your $20 in monthly credit to our partner site,
NFL DFS Top Plays for Fanduel lineups Single Game Monday Night Football Seahawks at Giants Monday night’s matchup between the Seattle Seahawks and the New
NFL DFS Top Plays Fanduel Perfect lineup for Week 4 If you’re an NFL DFS enthusiast, you’ve probably had those moments where you look back
NFL DFS Top Plays for Fanduel Single Game Chiefs at Jets Sunday Night Football Week 4 The Kansas City Chiefs are making headlines as they