MLB DFS Top Stacks for Draftkings and Fanduel lineups 9/13/23
When it comes to crafting winning MLB DFS lineups for Draftkings and Fanduel, it’s crucial to identify the top stacks of the day. Stacking players from a high-performing team can significantly increase your chances of success. In this article, we’ll delve into the best stack options for today’s games, focusing on the Houston Astros, the Toronto Blue Jays, and the matchup between the Red Sox and Yankees.
Houston Astros: A Powerhouse Offense
The Houston Astros boast an explosive offense that’s been setting the diamond ablaze. In 2023, they’re tied for ninth in wRC+ (Weighted Runs Created Plus) at an impressive 105 against right-handed pitchers. Even at home, where they rank 16th with a wRC+ of 103, their recent performance and matchup make them a top choice.
Over the past 30 days, the Astros have dominated, leading the league in wRC+ at a staggering 138 and ranking fourth in ISO with an impressive .211. Their opponent, Paul Blackburn, has struggled on the road this season with a 4.23 ERA and a 4.45 xFIP, yielding a hefty .364 wOBA to opposing batters.
The Oakland Athletics, whom the Astros face, also bring a subpar bullpen to the table, ranking third highest in ERA this season. Blackburn’s 3.88 ERA might seem decent, but it’s not spectacular. Moreover, he’s struggled against left-handed hitters, allowing a .303 batting average. This sets the stage for an enticing three-southpaw stack from the Astros.
Players to Consider in Your Stack:
- Yordan Alvarez: Alvarez possesses elite power, with a career slugging percentage of .588. He’s currently on a hot streak, boasting a remarkable 1.260 OPS over the last three weeks.
- Kyle Tucker: Tucker combines power (26 homers) with speed (28 stolen bases) and excels against left-handed pitchers with a .960 OPS in 2023.
- Michael Brantley: Though limited to nine games due to injuries, Brantley adds another lefty to the mix. He’s a career .298 hitter and has an .884 OPS against right-handed pitchers since 2021.
In summary, Blackburn’s struggles against lefties and the Astros’ formidable southpaws make this stack a compelling choice.
Toronto Blue Jays: Consistent Offensive Prowess
The Toronto Blue Jays have consistently showcased an above-average offense in 2023. They rank sixth in wRC+ with a score of 116 against left-handed pitchers and ninth in wRC+ at 117 over the previous 30 days. Even at home, where they rank 13th with a wRC+ of 105, their potential against Jordan Montgomery makes them an attractive stack option.
Montgomery, while sporting a respectable 3.62 ERA, carries a less encouraging 4.20 xERA and 4.04 xFIP over 28 starts this season. When he hands the ball to the bullpen, Toronto’s offense gains an advantage, given Texas’s relievers rank fifth highest in ERA this season.
Red Sox vs. Yankees: A Classic Rivalry
In a classic rivalry matchup between the Red Sox and Yankees, one player stands out for stacking purposes – Jordan Schmidt. Schmidt, making his first season start, has struggled on the road with a 5.29 ERA, and left-handed hitters have thrived with a .301 batting average against him.
The Red Sox, with their lefty power hitters, present an excellent stacking opportunity. Here are some players to consider:
- Rafael Devers: Devers boasts a career slugging percentage of .510 and has hit over 30 homers in a season three times. Since 2021, he holds a formidable .921 OPS against right-handed pitchers and an .884 OPS at home.
- Triston Casas: Casas wields substantial power and maintains a .366 OBP with 24 homers. His performance at home is especially impressive, with an .894 OPS in his career.
- Kensuke Yoshida: While not a pure power hitter, Yoshida has hit .291 with 15 homers and eight stolen bases. He owns an .819 OPS against righties and an .856 OPS at Fenway Park as a rookie.
Schmidt’s struggles against left-handed hitters, coupled with the Red Sox’s prowess at home, make this stack a tantalizing option for your DFS lineups.
That’s all I’ve got for today
Thank you for checking out the article, I hope I was able to provide you with some value as you begin to build your DFS lineups for today’s contests.
Be sure to hit me up in Discord if you have questions. If you would prefer to reach out to me on Twitter @CeeGeeDFS that works too
Latest Free Content
Greetings and welcome to our MLB DFS cheat sheet for this Saturday. This player pool is your ideal starting point for building your Draftkings lineup
NFL DFS Top Stacks for Draftkings, Fanduel lineups NFL DFS Week 3 Welcome to the Week 3 edition of our NFL DFS Top Stacks insights!