NFL Best Ball Spotlight Brandin Cooks traded to Dallas Cowboys
In the latest NFL Best Ball spotlight news, veteran wide receiver Brandin Cooks has been traded from the Houston Texans to the Dallas Cowboys. Cooks is known for his speed and will join the likes of CeeDee Lamb in the Cowboys’ offense. The trade has caught the attention of fantasy football players who are looking to potentially draft Cooks in their NFL best ball drafts. Here’s a breakdown of the trade and what it means for Cooks and the Cowboys’ offense.
According to league sources, the Dallas Cowboys have acquired veteran wide receiver Brandin Cooks from the Houston Texans in exchange for a fifth-round pick in 2023, a sixth-round pick in 2024, and financial considerations.
The trade comes after Cooks expressed his desire to be traded away from the rebuilding Texans. Cooks, who has been traded four times in his career, will bring speed to the Cowboys’ offense, pairing up with CeeDee Lamb.
Cooks caught 57 passes for 699 yards and three touchdowns last season, and has caught a total of 699 passes for 8,616 yards and 49 touchdowns throughout his career. His guaranteed base salary for 2023 is $18 million, making it a complicated situation to trade him.
The Texans wanted a second-round draft pick and more compensation for him, while teams, including the Cowboys, wanted the Texans to pay a large portion of his salary. Cooks drew interest from several teams, including the Denver Broncos, at the trade deadline.
Season Long Fantasy Impact
Based on last year’s stats for the Dallas Cowboys, it’s clear that their offense was heavily reliant on quarterback Dak Prescott and wide receiver CeeDee Lamb. With the addition of veteran wide receiver Brandin Cooks, the Cowboys’ passing game has the potential to become even more explosive.
Cooks’ speed and athleticism make him a natural fit for the Cowboys’ offense, and his ability to stretch the field and create separation will complement the skills of Lamb and Michael Gallup. Cooks’ history of success with a variety of quarterbacks also bodes well for his potential impact in Dallas.
From a fantasy football perspective, Cooks could be a valuable asset as a mid-to-late-round draft pick in standard and PPR formats. His speed and big-play potential give him a high ceiling, but his consistency and role in the offense could be impacted by the depth of the Cowboys’ receiving corps.
Overall, the addition of Cooks to the Cowboys’ offense adds another weapon to an already potent attack, and fantasy owners should keep an eye on his role and production as the 2023 season approaches.
Latest Free Content
Best Ball Impact
When considering drafting Brandin Cooks in NFL Best Ball drafts, it’s important to consider his potential role in the Dallas Cowboys’ offense and his history of production in the league.
Cooks has a track record of being a consistent performer, having recorded at least 500 receiving yards in every season of his career. He has also demonstrated big-play ability, with an impressive career average of 14.1 yards per reception.
In Best Ball drafts, Cooks could be a valuable pick as a mid-to-late-round option. His speed and athleticism give him a high ceiling, and his potential to stretch the field and create separation could make him a reliable deep threat for quarterback Dak Prescott.
However, it’s worth noting that Cooks will likely be competing for targets with a talented group of receivers in Dallas, including CeeDee Lamb and Michael Gallup. This could impact his overall production and consistency throughout the season.
Overall, if Cooks is available in the mid-to-late rounds of Best Ball drafts, he could be worth considering as a high-upside pick with the potential to contribute consistent production as well as big plays.
- Brandin Cooks’ trade to the Dallas Cowboys gives Dak Prescott another speedy wide receiver to work with alongside CeeDee Lamb, which could improve the Cowboys’ passing offense and provide more fantasy points for both receivers.
- Cooks’ trade request and desire to join a playoff contender could be an indication that he’s motivated to perform well in the upcoming season, making him a potential high upside draft pick for fantasy managers in NFL Best Ball leagues.
- Cooks is one of the fastest receivers in the NFL, with a personal-best 40-yard dash time of 4.33 seconds, which could translate to more opportunities for big plays and touchdowns in the Cowboys’ offense.
- Cooks has been traded four times in his career, which could indicate that his production and fit in certain offenses can be unpredictable and potentially risky for fantasy managers.
- The financial considerations involved in Cooks’ trade, with the Texans paying $6 million of his $18 million guaranteed contract, could be an indication that the Cowboys are confident in Cooks’ ability to perform well and provide value for their team, making him a potential draft pick for fantasy managers in NFL Best Ball leagues.
Thank you for checking out the article, I hope I was able to provide you with some value as you begin to build your DFS lineups for today’s contests.
Be sure to hit me up in Discord if you have questions. If you would prefer to reach out to me on Twitter @CeeGeeDFS that works too
You must be logged in to post a comment.