LOADING

Type to search

FREE CONTENT DFS NFL Best Ball NFL Fantasy

NFL Best Ball Spotlight: Is Odell Beckham Jr. WR1 on the Baltimore Ravens in 2023?

NFL Best Ball Spotlight

The Baltimore Ravens have 3 Wide Receivers in the 98-110 ADP range in NFL Best Ball. Could Odell Beckham Jr. emerge as the top target for Lamar Jackson from that group?

Let’s take a look!

Odell Beckham Jr. in NFL Best Ball

Odell Beckham Jr. is a polarizing player in fantasy football circles. After a promising 2021 season, where he played 13 games and had 82 targets, Beckham Jr. is looking to bounce back in a big way after missing all of 2022 with an ACL injury. Beckham Jr. still has a current ADP of 103.1 in NFL Best Ball drafts, showing that fantasy managers are still optimistic about his potential.

Beckham Jr. will be catching passes from Lamar Jackson, who has a career touchdown rate of 6.1% through the air. The Ravens attempted 488 passes in 2022, so there should be plenty of opportunities for Beckham Jr. to make an impact in the passing game. The addition of new offensive coordinator Todd Monken may also be a boon to Beckham Jr.’s production. Monken’s offense averaged 32.9 pass attempts in 2022, and reports suggest that this will be more of aΒ  spread scheme than the power-run scheme that the Ravens have run since Jackson joined the team.

In 2021, Beckham Jr. scored five touchdowns and had an average depth of target (ADOT) of 13.3. While his touchdown total was lower than expected, his ADOT suggests that he was being used in a downfield capacity. It should also be noted that all five of those touchdowns came as a member of the Rams after his trade away from the Browns. If he can build chemistry with Lamar Jackson and be efficienct, he could become a valuable fantasy asset once again.

One potential concern for Beckham Jr. is his injury history. He has missed significant time in each of the past two seasons, and his health will be something to monitor throughout the offseason. However, if he can stay healthy, he has the potential to be a WR1 on the Ravens. His talent is undeniable, and his chemistry with Jackson could make for a dynamic duo.

Overall, Beckham Jr. is a high-risk, high-reward option in best ball formats. His potential is tantalizing, but his injury history and long layoff are cause for concern. It should also be noted that Rashod Bateman has battled injuries thus far in his NFL career and Zay Flowers is only a rookie so it is unclear what his development looks like. I say Odell Beckham Jr. is a fantastic option for Ravens stacks and he should be one of the top tournament options in his ADP range. I’d expect Mark Andrews to command a 25%+ market share but that still leaves 75% of the targets to be spread out to the other receiving options.Β 

That’s all we’ve got today!

Thank you for checking out the article, I hope we helped you prepare for your best ball drafts!

Be sure to hit us up in Discord if you have questions!Β 

🚨 PRICE DROP Lock it in now! πŸ‘‰