PGA DFS: Course Preview for The Zozo Championship 2021 on DraftKings, FanDuel, and SuperDraft
We have an exciting week of PGA DFS with superb-looking slates on DraftKings, FanDuel, and SuperDraft. This PGA DFS Picks Preview will highlight the course and provide information on the statistics you’ll need to focus on while using our PGA DFS Study Hub. So make sure to check out the PGA DFS Projections, Ownerships, and Ratings before you start to put together your lineups for DraftKings, FanDuel, and SuperDraft. They’re strong and allow you to focus on the PGA Core, Picks, and Content while building DFS Lineups.
We have started premium members-only lineup building videos and streams for MMA DFS, NASCAR DFS, PGA DFS, and of course – MLB DFS!
We finally make our way back to Japan for the Zozo Championship since 2019 due to the pandemic. The field will be highlighted by top golfers like Collin Morikawa, Xander Schauffele, and Paul Casey. This tournament brings 76 golfers to the field to compete in this no-cut event.
Accordia Golf Narashino Country Club is 7000 yards; par 70 played on Bentgrass Greens. This course opened its doors back in 1965, and as we can tell – it’s quite short. And although the course has been open for quite some time, we only have had one winner on it and two winners if you count the overall winners. Those winners are Tiger Woods and Patrick Cantlay. However, Cantlay won it at Sherwood and not at Accordia Golf Narashino. The average green size at Accordia Golf Narashino CC is 5500sq feet featuring five par 3s and three par 5’s. The course is tree-lined pretty much on every hole, so this week, I’ll want golfers that are sharp with short irons, Approach, and birdies. It’s okay to be off the mark a bit, but I would mix in some driving accuracy too.
PGA DFS FanDuel Targets
- Xander Schauffele ($11,900) – I can honestly say that Xander is the best golfer on the course this week. Now, I would’ve said Morikawa is probably number 1, but once Mori is putting badly, he goes down in flames. Unlike Xander, even with lousy putting days, he can still place top 10 in tournaments. Just take a look at the U.S. Open, where he lost 1.5 strokes and still finished top 10. On the Rise or Fall Important Stats Model – Xander is ranked 7th in Birdies, 7th at Approach, 15th Tee To Green, and 19th in Putting over his last 24 rounds.
- Erik Van Rooyen ($10,300) – I don’t want to ever pay up for EVR, but I feel like I’m stuck here. There’s almost no other choice. You just can’t ignore EVR’s performance over the last month 1/2. Over the previous 20 rounds, he’s gained over 0.63 total strokes and on the Rise or Fall Important Stats Model – EVR is ranked 1st in Birdies, 18th in Putting, 22nd in Ball Striking, and 24th at Approach over his last 24 rounds.
PGA DFS DraftKings Targets
- Jhonattan Vegas ($8,900) – One of the top stats for this course is Driving Distance, and what does Vegas have? Yep, Driving Distance. He’s ranked 5th in Total Driving and 25th in Driving Distance for the season. He had a stellar performance at The CJ Cup, gaining nearly five total strokes, and has been on fire, to say the least. His course history looks absolutely fantastic: 14th at the CJ Cup, 38th at BMW Championship, MC at Northern Trust, 15th at Wyndham, 16th at The Olympics, 2nd at 3M Open, and 11th at John Deere Classic. Lastly, on the Rise or Fall Important Stats Model – Vegas is ranked 2nd in Birdies, 2nd Tee To Green, 2nd Off The Tee, 2nd in Ball Striking, and 8th at Approach over his last 24 rounds.
- Harry Higgs ($7,500) – Have you been watching Harry Higgs lately? Neither have I. But the man is playing exceptionally well in his last six events, let alone last week, where he gained nearly six total strokes. In his previous six events, he’s placed 9th at the CJ Cup, 27th at Shriners, MC at Fortinet, 38th at BMW Championship, 16th at Northern Trust, and 15th at Wyndham. Over on the Rise or Fall Important Stats Model – Higgs is ranked 1st in Around The Green, 6th in Putting, 12th in Birdies, and 23rd in Tee To Green in his last 24 rounds. He does have problems with his irons, but last week he gained over four strokes at Approach. So if he can bring that same energy, this man can easily place top 10.
PGA DFS SuperDraft Targets
- Takumi Kanaya (1.45X) – WHO? Takuma is mispriced everywhere (DK/FD/SD), and if you didn’t know – Takuma is ranked 76th globally. Just so you can have a clear picture of this. He’s ranked higher than Harold Varner, Maverick McNealy, Jhonattan Vegas, Rickie Fowler, Keegan Bradley, Lanto Griffin, and Cameron Champ. You don’t see Takumi ever really play on the PGA Tour because he plays on the Japan Golf Tour. Which, in my opinion, feels like a leg up on the competition when playing this week at the Zozo. Over his last seven events played, he’s had five top 10’s and two top 20’s.
PGA Dark Horse Target
- K.H. Lee ($8,700) – Lee is someone I’m very interested in. He’s placed the following over his last eight events: 25th, 14th, MC, 12th, 47th, 24th, 54th, and 6th. Also, if you haven’t noticed, K.H. Lee has gained one total stroke in his last 24 rounds. He’s also the 6th ranked golfer on Putting on this surface, followed by the best in the field if filtered out by only Bentgrass Greens only. He gains 1.68 total strokes on Bentgrass Greens, while 2nd to him is Xander at 1.30 total strokes. Per our Rise or Fall Important Stats Model – Lee is ranked 1st Off The Tee, 5th in Tee To Green, 5th in Ball Striking, and 14th in Birdies over his last 24 rounds.
Each week our wizard CeeGee provides a massive Study Hub. What’s a Study Hub? A Study Hub is where you’ll find every player playing in the upcoming event. You’ll be able to see a player’s recent form, long-term form, course history, strokes gained off the tee, Approach, around the green, putter, tee to green, total strokes gained, bogey avoidance, sand saves, and birdie rate.
Course Correlation Model
One of our most important models is our CC Model. The CC Model allows you to see what courses fit best compared to the actual course. I try to stay anywhere from 93% to 80% in similarity. Once you access our sheets, you’ll notice all the courses similar to The Genesis Invitational from left to right and how each player has an individual rank and, lastly, a final rank. In this sheet, you’ll be able to identify which player is suited best for the course based on course similarity.
Every week I post an article on Mondays (what you’re currently reading), giving you a course preview on what’s in store for the week. I also provide the top five most important stats that you should be using. That’s when this model comes into play. Each important stat is based on the PGA Tour Rankings. Lastly, I provide a final ranking making it easy on who is highly ranked.
Cash, GPP, Core Picks
On Wednesday nights, the Study Hub is updated once more, and it’s with my personal picks. All are categorized on which player I like and in what format. For example, cash/GPP are self-explanatory, while my core picks are my lock plays. Also, my Risers are my most confident picks. So there’s a difference between a regular GPP play and a Riser/GPP play.
This sheet contains picks, stats, building blocks, and weather. I update this sheet Friday-Sunday and provide you with all the stats I can get my hands on. For those who don’t have enough time and aren’t a data junkie like myself, then the picks/building blocks will guide you to your cash or GPP builds.
Consistency vs. Trends
This model consists of Consistency/Baseline vs. Trend. The Consistency is measured over the last 12 months on a player’s performance. Look at it as a player average in baseball; .250 avg. And a Trend is how the player has been performing in the last 16 rounds or the last four events. This could be seen as if a player has been “hot” or “cold.” And in theory, this helps us determine who is performing well vs. underperforming. Every week I’ll be updating this model based on my weeklong picks.
This model is to guide you on how each player performs on a specific surface. So, one week we could have Poa stats, and the other week Bermuda greens. These strokes are currently being measured from the start of the 2020 season to the present.