PGA DFS Preview for the Tour Championship
This week’s event is unlike any other, with its unique format and exciting challenges. So, let’s dive right in and break down the field, the course, and the strategies you need to consider. Buckle up, because this is going to be a wild ride! The first thing that sets this week apart is the staggered start. No more FedEx cut points! It’s all about your season-long standing, which determines your starting score. For instance, Scotty Scheffler kicks off at an impressive 10 under par, while other players are staggered accordingly.
East Lake Golf Club exudes timeless charm and tradition. Its rolling fairways, pristine greens, and lush landscape create a visual feast for both players and spectators. The course’s classic layout, combined with modern updates, provides the perfect blend of nostalgia and excitement.
The Course Layout
Measuring around 7,300 yards, East Lake offers a par 70 challenge that demands precision and strategy. The front nine boasts a mix of longer par 4s and shorter par 3s, providing a diverse range of shots. As players transition to the back nine, they encounter some of the course’s signature holes, including the infamous par-3 15th, surrounded by water and requiring a well-executed tee shot.
East Lake’s greens are renowned for their subtle breaks and undulations, making putting an art form. Golfers must carefully read the green and judge the speed to sink those crucial putts. The difference between a birdie and a bogey can often be decided on these greens.
- Water Hazards: The course features several water hazards, adding an extra layer of complexity to approach shots and tee shots on certain holes. Players must weigh risk and reward, deciding whether to go for it or play it safe.
- Bunkers: Strategically placed bunkers guard fairways and greens, testing a golfer’s sand play and shot-making ability. Players must be prepared to navigate these hazards to keep their scores in check.
- Doglegs: The course’s dogleg holes demand precise shot placement off the tee to set up manageable approach shots. Strategic thinking and the ability to shape shots are essential here.
When it comes to tackling the challenges of East Lake Golf Club and making smart DFS picks, certain key stats can give you a clear advantage. Here’s a breakdown of the stats that will help you navigate this iconic course and pick winning golfers for your lineup:
1. Strokes Gained: Tee to Green (SG:T2G):
Mastering the entire course, from the tee box to the green, is vital at East Lake. Look for golfers who consistently gain strokes across all aspects of their game, showcasing the ability to position themselves well off the tee and execute precise approach shots.
2. Strokes Gained: Approach (SG:APP):
The layout of East Lake demands accurate approach shots. Seek out players who excel in hitting greens in regulation and show strong ball-striking skills to set up birdie opportunities.
3. Strokes Gained: Around the Green (SG:ARG):
Navigating East Lake’s intricate greenside areas requires finesse and creativity. Players with strong short game skills – chipping, pitching, and bunker play – can save strokes when facing challenging pin positions.
4. Strokes Gained: Putting (SG:Putting):
Putting on East Lake’s undulating greens can be the difference-maker. Golfers with solid putting stats, who can read the breaks and control the speed, have a significant advantage in accumulating birdies and sinking crucial par putts.
The Players to Watch
- Scotty Scheffler: The starting leader, Scheffler has a lot to prove. He’s solid on the course but needs to hold his own against the fierce competition.
- Rory McIlroy: Boasting a fantastic track record at East Lake, McIlroy’s fire and history make him a prime contender.
- Victor Hovland: With his impeccable skill set, Hovland’s got what it takes to make a significant impact.
- John Rahm: While Rahm has faced some struggles in the playoffs, his potential is undeniable.
- Lucas Glover: Glover’s starting at five under, which could give him the edge he needs to shine.
Finding Value Picks
When searching for value, consider Brian Harman, a player with the potential to outperform his starting position. His journey from six under par is bound to be exciting to watch.
For those hunting for golfers with upside potential, keep an eye on Emiliano Grillo and Sepp Straka. These players boast a mix of low floor and high ceiling, which could lead to impressive jumps in the leaderboard.
That’s all I’ve got for today
Thank you for checking out the article, I hope I was able to provide you with some value as you begin to build your DFS lineups for today’s contests.
Be sure to hit me up in Discord if you have questions. If you would prefer to reach out to me on Twitter @CeeGeeDFS that works too
Latest Free Content
Greetings and welcome to our MLB DFS cheat sheet for this Saturday. This player pool is your ideal starting point for building your Draftkings lineup
NFL DFS Top Stacks for Draftkings, Fanduel lineups NFL DFS Week 3 Welcome to the Week 3 edition of our NFL DFS Top Stacks insights!