Workday Charity Open PGA DFS Picks and Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, and SuperDraft
Workday Charity Open
This week we head over to Dublin, Ohio for the Workday Charity Open. This will be the first back to back event at Muirfield Village as next week they’ll be playing here again. This course is 7,450 yards on bent greens (next week it’ll be 7,392 yards), par 72, and designed by Jack Nicklaus.
Three holes will play longer than usual this week; The Par 3, 8th hole will play 202 yards, the Par 5 – 11th hole will play 583 yards and the Par 5 – 15th hole will play 560 yards. Also, the greens are going to be fast, they’ll be much faster than what we saw at Rocket Mortgage and the rough will be shorter as well (approx. 3.5 inches). There are 73 bunkers and 13 water hazards on the course.
The best course comparison is the Barracuda Championship, Augusta National, Memorial (obv) and Torrey Pines. Patrick Cantlay will return to defend his title and we’ll see the likes of Jon Rahm, Justin Thomas, and Brooks Koepka. Alright let’s begin!
- Strokes Gained: Approach
- Strokes Gained: Around The Green
- Strokes Gained: Off The Tee
- Strokes Gained: Putting (bent)
- Strokes Gained: Tee To Green
- Par 4 Scoring 450-500 yards
- Justin Thomas ($11100)– I know he completely burned us at Travelers, but I’m ready to play him again. JT lost 2.84 strokes on APP. The last time he lost this much on Approach was at The Honda Classic; lost 3.19 strokes on APP. Now, JT’s history isn’t the greatest as he missed the cut last year he literally lost strokes everywhere. But as I mentioned, JT Doesn’t usually lose strokes like this. He has one bad tournament and then makes up for it. I mean after missing the cut last year within 13 events he won three times and came in top 15 seven times.
- Viktor Hovland ($9500) – It’s gotten to the point that you must play Hovland. He’s due for a strong finish or a win in the near future. Hovland has been remarkable, in the last 5 tournaments he’s gaining 7 strokes T2G, 4.7 strokes on APP and 2.7 OTT. He also gains putting on bent greens! If we take a look at bent green courses he’s finished: 23rd at Charles Schwab, 31st at CJ Cup, 10th at Greenbrier, 16th at John Deere and 13th at 3M Open.
- Hideki Matsuyama ($10000) – Deki is by far my favorite pick. Looks like old Deki is back, he came back from the break and ended up missing the cut by putting horribly (which we all know Deki is terrible at putting). But this week besides losing strokes again at putting, he’s gained strokes all around. He’s gained 7.4 strokes T2G, 5 strokes on APP and 2.8 strokes OTT. Lastly, his course history is fantastic – finished 6th last year and 13th in 2018.
- Justin Rose ($9700) – Rose did miss the cut at Travelers as he didn’t have a good round 2. In total he only lost about a stroke on APP & ARG. Since the break he’s gained over 14 strokes T2G, 5 strokes OTT, 4 strokes on APP and 3 strokes ARG. Justin is also ranked 1st in my Jack Nicklaus model – ranked 1st T2G, P4: 450-500, and APP. Also, ranked 3rd in Sand Saves and 3rd ARG. Last year he finished here 13th and then 6th in 2018.
Thanks for reading fam – I’ll be available all day this coming Wednesday for any questions you may have. Also, I’ll have my player pool out Wednesday morning. Catch you on Discord!