Zozo Championship DFS Course Preview for DraftKings and Fanduel
After a 1 week hiatus, I am finally back to bring you that course preview you have come to love ;). This week we head over to Sherwood Country Club for the Zozo championship. Without further ado get ready for the Zozo Championship DFS Course Preview for DraftKings and FanDuel
Our Vegas swing has come to an end as we head over to California for the Zozo Championship. Normally we would be seeing the event played in Japan, but due to COVID, it’ll be played at Sherwood Country Club. We will be having 77 players in this no-cut event.
Sherwood CC use to host the Hero World Challenge which is a 17-man event that was played from 2000-2013. Tiger Woods won it a total of 5 times: 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, and 2011. Following 2nd in most wins is Graeme McDowell; with a win in 2012 and 2010.
Sherwood CC is a par 72, little over 7000 yards on Bentgrass Greens designed by Jack Nicklaus. Although it’s a par 72 the course has five par 5’s all under 580 yards. There’s also two par 4’s under 400 yards which should make them birdie attainable.
There are 51 sand bunkers and 4 water hazards. If you miss the fairway you should be expecting about three inches of rough. Lastly, the greens will be fast with the stimpmeter at 12.5.
- Strokes Gained: Ball Striking
- Strokes Gained: Approach
- Strokes Gained: Around The Green
- Par 5 Efficiency
- Strokes Gained: Putting
- Xander Schauffele ($11200) – It’s not surprising to find Xander here. In the last 7 events in the Rise or Fall PGA Study Hub, he’s finished top 10 five times. In the last 5 events, he’s gained 4.1 strokes T2G and 2.2 ARG. Xander also gains 0.3 strokes on Bentgrass Greens and is 10th in my overall model. Highlighting 1st in Strokes Gained Par 5, 2nd in Bogey Avoidance, and 4th in Birdie or Better.
- Patrick Reed ($9600) – We haven’t seen Reed since the U.S Open and he was just heating up. He finished 13th at the U.S Open and 8th at the Tour Championship. The Rise or Fall PGA Course Model has Reed gaining 0.4 strokes on Bentgrass Greens and ranked 25th overall. It’s also important to note that Reed is a big fan of no-cut events aka WGC God
- Bubba Watson ($8700) – Bubba has been on a groove for the last 4 events. He’s placed 7th at the CJ Cup, 31st at the U.S Open, 16th at BMW, and 18th at Nothern Trust. It’s also good to note that Bubba has played at Sherwood three times, so he has experience here.
- Joaquin Niemann ($8400) – Niemann has been on a roll lately. He’s gained 3.5 strokes T2G, 2.6 OTT, and a stroke on APP. And if you panel over to Rise or Fall PGA Study Hub, you’ll see he’s finished 6th, 13th, 23rd, 27th, and 3rd.
Dark Horse Play
- Sebastian Munoz ($7200) – A few weeks ago Sebastian was the guy to play and then everyone got very quiet. And it wasn’t because he failed. He finished 23rd that week at Sanderson. If we take a step back we can see that in the last 7 events he’s finished top 10 three times!
Thanks for reading and make sure you join us at
12:30 EST @ twitch.tv/teamriseorfall for our daily twitch stream.